Pages

Thursday, August 22, 2013

I am excited!


     So many of my readers e-mail me to say how much they like my books, that I am inspired to keep it up! I have had to curb some of my more creative words due to publisher's constraints.   By that I do not mean anything against the publisher, I love Siren. They have some of the best writers of Erotic Romance on the market today. I am proud to be one of their family of writers.
     That being said, My earlier remark about constraints will no longer be a problem ( I hope).  The books that contain violence and blood and yes sometimes a bit of Gore, I have decided to self publish. 
     It did not occur to me to go this route until the stories began to pile up in my computer.  None of the publishing houses of Erotic Romance want to have blood and gore. Yet I am a firm believer in retribution for my characters.  This doesn't mean I write the slasher type of books. Let me give you a peek at what I am talking about.
     This is an excerpt from my first venture into self publishing, It has not been edited so please be kind about the goof ups. This is the first of what has become a series of books that will follow.

Excerpt From 
Rane's Giants ,
Series: The Lords and Ladies of Tremble Isle

**** The villagers would ultimately be the witness’s, and Lion was the judge. If it were left to her, Rane would give the villagers weapons, and allow them the satisfaction, and chance to re-claim what dignity they could find in killing those evil men.

Gorgile was a much larger village than Droildorf was. There were at least a hundred villagers assembled in front of the hall. They were surrounding Lord Loris, and three of his loyal followers that still lived. The people were emboldened by the presence of the Lord’s Tremble and their forces. They pelted the four helpless men with eggs, and rotting vegetables. Some threw stones. Each time a target was hit, the crowd cheered, urging on those with the most accurate aim.

Lion stood behind the people, allowing them their revenge for a few moments before he needed to break up their fun. The three remaining pregnant women advanced towards Loris. Lion began making his way to join the women, but he was not fast enough. The women gutted their former lord with sharp knives. All three bathed their hands in his blood. They turned to Lion as he stepped near. Their straight spines and hands held out to show Lord Tremble what they had done. There were no tears or begging for understanding and mercy.

Lion nodded his head in approval. The women stood tall and proud in front of him, and he would not punish them for taking retribution. From all accounts, half of the children running around the village were from the rape of young, unmarried women. No, he would not take them to task for their revenge. *****
      I hope you will be as supportive in this venture as you have been with my mainstream Erotic Romance's. I will continue to write Mainstream Erotic Romance, because I love a good love story, even without the harsher aspects. I hope to have Rane's Giants published before October 1st, 2013.
 

    

:) :( ;) :D :-/ :P :-* :-O #:-S :(( :)) =D7 :-q :-bd

No comments:

Post a Comment